Randomized Header

Sunday, March 11, 2012

"What Sarah Said": a lo-fi, live action web comic (episode 23, Zelda Multi-Player)


*** Click image to enlarge. ***

Lately P-Finn and I have started to explore our video game options outside Little Big Planet. We breezed through Kirby Yarn (well, me pushing through the heavy platforming with him making superfluous use of the "Angel" button). One day he woke early enough from a nap to catch a glimpse of me playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and decided he wanted to jump in. 

Up through now, Patrick was accustomed to multiplayer options and couldn't fathom a game without an "opt in" feature. This led to some creative parenting on my part: we each took one control of the Wii nunchuk. Sometimes he would assume the analog stick and constantly run off cliffs or into lava. Other times he would figure out how to get into my inventory and use one item ad nauseum. 

We are getting better at coordinating our movement. I've managed to get through a few dungeons (sans boss fights) with P-Finn in tandem. Although my meta-gaming tendencies flare up every now and again, I can be quite content watching him aimlessly run around in circles as I try to cut down bushes and clay pots to pick up a few rupees along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment