Randomized Header

Sunday, January 8, 2012

P-Finn's Secret Wish

P-Finn broke away and sprinted toward the fountain under the mall's spacious atrium. "Mom, can I have a coin?" he requested. My wife shook a few pennies and dimes out of her coin purse, and handed them over to the toddler. In a single motion, my son threw a fistful of coins toward the water, sending back a hearty splash.


In reconsideration, he turned back to my wife and asked, "Do you have any more coins?" She shook her head in denial. P-Finn the turned to me. "Daddie, why are there coins under the water?" I began to explain something about making a wish... or the monies being donated to various charities. He looked confused.


Switching subjects, I ask if he made a wish. Caroline quickly interjected, "Wishes don't come true if you tell somebody else. Keep it a secret." At that moment, my son scrunched his eyelids shut into his keeping-a-secret facial expression. Guess now I'll never know about his wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment