Randomized Header

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Songs I Want to Learn: "Forget the Flowers" Acoustic Cover

First encountered Wilco as an alternate stage act during the mid-90's H.O.R.D.E. tour. I still have that "A.M." era demo/single somewhere in my tape collection. Didn't really become a fan until the late 90's when my wife started playing "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and "Summerteeth" in heavy rotation. Then I fell in love.

Recently heard a friend sing an acoustic cover of "Forget the Flowers" from the Wilco's "Being There" album. Decided to revisit their earlier material and was really captured by this particular song. The song has catchy lyrics over a simple chord progression with some banjo and country guitar licks in the background.

I feel comfortable with chords & strum patterns and would eventually like to learn the electric guitar parts. Here are a two notable acoustic cover versions I found on You Tube (none of which are my friend's).



No comments:

Post a Comment